View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 10:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_from_Mi
There has been alot of fine comments about how to deal with the AC thru the HC. I work thru the HC as well. As said earlier, the AC has not earned the right to voice his opinion. Most HC's are appreciative that I have spoken with them...
I'm sure they are. Don't get me wrong, whatever works for you. Anytime you can prevent accessing a technical, I think you should use it. However, there is behavior that I consider wayyyyy out of bounds, and to me, it doesn't matter which coach it's coming from. I think that for the moment, these guys forget who they are talking too and I have no problem whatsoever reminding them where those boundaries are. I'm simply not going to have a coach speak to me in the 1st quarter like it is the 4th quarter. I'm also not giving a coach a warning in the 1st quarter. I'll give him a T and he can take that for his warning.

The reason I like to call a T here is that it sets the stage for the rest of the game. You send notice to "both" benches you're not having that today. Now we can all focus on what we are there to do. Players play, coaches coach and referee's referee the game. Referee's don't tell coaches how to coach, coaches don't tell referee's how to ref. Now that that's clear, the game afterwards is a breeze, and they also learned that I have a quick trigger, don't get mad, emotionless style of offciating. Works for me...