View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 09:49am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaref
Hey Rich and Ken.....nice job last night! All we can be is consistent on our officiating! ("I don't count fouls....I just call 'em!")
Do you remember:

(1) The blatant travel missed in the first half? I was lead, off-ball, but I saw it peripherally as I was backing out as the ball neared the sideline. I told the coach the truth -- I was off ball and if we missed it, we're sorry. I just didn't have enough focus on it to be able to put air in the whistle and call it (it was there and it was gone) -- besides, it would've looked like hell with me calling it. Maybe.

I was on ball a few minutes later and got a blatant travel....just before the coach said it himself

(2) Me r-e-a-c-h-i-n-g out to almost halfcourt as the lead to get a foul near my sideline? I was out splitting my attention best I could when the visiting player almost had his arm removed on a steal attempt. I waited.....and then called the foul. Coach asked me what my partner was looking at -- I told him, "It's OK, we got it," and slid out of there. Partner was OK with me getting it -- I think he got straightlined.

Always working to get better and never quite perfect....

The only two "moments" of the game, as I remember, besides the one that started this thread.