View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 01:05am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee
many of these girls enjoy the game -- they might not be the most competitive but they ENJOY the social aspect like snaq said earlier. no matter what level the parents take it more seriously a majority of the time. George Carlin said it best, and i truly believe, that parents today are leading to the pu$$ification of our youth. Some of the things that parents do to "fight for their kids" my parents never would have thought and I was always taught to fight my own battles within reason of course.

i have said it many times, and from growing up on the east coast and moving to california when I was 18 I can see how the 2 sides differ in raising their kids. Everything I REALLY learned was from injuring myself somehow. In California thats hard with all the armor kids wear.

but after this rant these girls enjoy this -- you can tell -- its evident in how they play and how they interact with their team and opponents. they dont value winning the most but they value the enjoyment that we all had at one point from doing the most mundane
As a general rule, you may be right about the parents, but it sounds like Snaqs has found the exceptions. There are still a few good parents left in the world.