View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 12:07am
Get away from me, Steve.

The fouls are 4-0, you know.

A shout out to imaref, who watched my partner and I work our BV game tonight, which was completed in about 65 minutes.

Tonight, my partner had a good line in the locker room after the game and I was laughing for quite a while over it.

After the third quarter, the fouls were 4-0 -- visitors had 4 and home had 0. Between quarters, the visiting coach wanted to complain a bit about what he thought was, in his words, "over the back." Now, the kid who got the ball from behind was about 6'5" and was going over a kid about 5'11". I had a great look at it. No contact. Just reaching over and getting the ball.

So, after I told the coach that the play was clean and I wasn't going to penalize the player for being tall, the coach said, with a thoughtful look and tone, "The fouls are 4-0, you know." I just ignored it at the time as typical coachspeak, him trying to work me for the next one.

After I told my partner of the comment in the locker room, he suggested this as a hypothetical response: "That's because we're homers, coach, and we want the other team to win."

OK, I guess you had to be there, but I found it hilarious at the time.