View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 10, 2007, 05:09pm
Official Forum Member

FIBA over and back

Excuse my ignorance of FIBA rules but one of our leagues has decided to use FIBA and I am doing a tournament this weekend and am confused about the over and back rules. Any help would be appreciated.

As I read the rules from http://www.fiba.com/asp_includes/dow...p?file_id=328:

28.1.3: “The ball goes into the team’s frontcourt when: It touches the frontcourt or it touches a player or official who has part of his body in contact with the frontcourt.”

30.1.1: “The ball goes into the team’s backcourt when: It touches the backcourt or it touches a player or official who has part of his body in contact with the backcourt.”

30.1.2 then goes on to say that it is a violation to be the last to touch in the backcourt, ball goes into frontcourt and then be the first to touch in the backcourt.

So does this mean that the following are violations:

1. Player A1 dribbles up to the division line stops with feet in the backcourt and dribbles the ball on the floor in the front court.

2. Player A2 catches the ball with one foot in the back court and one foot in the front court (since now the ball according to the above rules jas BOTH front and back court status).

Thanks in advance,

Chris