View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 10, 2007, 04:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
Backcourt Violation - Mavs Heat

See the post from June 22, 2006 @ 3:01pm.

"Yes I'm from Dallas and I'm a Maverick fan".

"But this series was just bad. Your defense of these very one-sided mistakes is simply either blind obedience or just stupid stubborness. Refusal to recognize what are obviously bad calls doesn't help anyone"

"Surely at a minimum, you "experts" in the field can at least recognize that in this particular case, the inevitable mistakes did happen to go the Heat's way more than it's FAIR SHARE".

"Bad"? "Very one-sided mistakes"? "Obviously bad calls"? "Go the Heat's way more than it's fair share"? And all this is from a guy that's supposed to be a devoted football and baseball umpire but admits that he has never officiated a basketball game in his life and doesn't know the rules.

I can track some more down if you want. I can also dig up some quotes from some other Dallas fanboys too.

If you fanboys want to crap on the officials, hey, be my guest. Just don't intimate that you've got more credibility because you happen to officiate a sport. You don't. You're fanboys first and officials second.

That's my point, like it or not.
You're an idiot. Other nouns come to mind as well, but are not fit for this forum. Adjectives do as well - I'll leave them to your imagination.

THIS post was intended to try to get an unbiased opinion on a play that bothered me - from a fan's point of view. I completely admitted that I was likely biased, and in fact it was that bias that led me to try to get an impartial viewpoint from folks I respect (a group that most pointedly does not include you).

In the basketball posts, again, I fully admit that not only was I a biased fan WRT that particular game, but also that I was not an official of that sport, and was wanting to discuss what I saw as an injustice with people who I admit probably knew better than I. But even in that thread (where I did and still do feel like (intent or not --- probably not) the bulk of the questionable calls went in one direction), I never stated (or felt, or thought) that the "refs cost us the game." The Mavs lost that series because they got cocky and complacent. Period. But if you could watch that particular series objectively (you can't... for some reason, the fact that you are an official in 3 sports leads you to believe that no official anywhere ever makes a mistake), then you should be able to admit that the documented mistaken calls DID, in fact, go more against one team than the other. It's unfortunate, but it happens. The statement you quote above was in rebuttal to one of your many absurd posts saying that anyone who ever had the temerity to even mildly disagree with even a single call was a blind fool.

I tire of your idiocy. You spread it across 3 boards. At least you're consistent - you are a moron on all 3. Always have been. You contribute nothing. You never post anything constructive. You're sole purpose seems to be starting fights. Now I finally find a use for the ignore feature if I can get it working. I'm done with you.

Anyone wishing to contribute to the discussion, please do so. I asked an honest question. Until JR derailed the discussion (as per usual), I got honest answers from people whose opinions I've come to respect, and I thank you all for that.