Thread: Coach Ejected!
View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 08, 2007, 08:05am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Don't get too excited. I suppose there is meaning behind this, but I have no idea what it is.

Ooh, the Magic Rule. Try pulling this out of your azz during a sanctioned high school game, just once. I dare you. I do it all the time, I'm not afraid to be an official, nor am I afraid to make a judgment in the game that's not clearly defined in the rules. If I'm wrong, so be it. If they don't want to give me any more games because of it. I'll just go back to what I was doing before I started officiating. Life goes on, even if I don't have a game to work tomorrow.

As I told you, in both states I've reffed, this is a state rule. So, it is specifically covered. I would be willing to bet money that it's the same in every state, with minor alterations (such as whether the replacement adult had to be a certified coach, teacher, or just a kind parent with a pulse). The point is it's not written in the rulebook.

If you're going to disregard state rules that don't allow the game to continue when one team doesn't have a coach; why are you going to report the ejections? Nothing in the rules says you're supposed to.
I don't disregard anything. I merely make a decision and move on, and sometimes, I make a mistake, sometimes, I get it wrong. Not the end of the world to me. I just move on and try not to make that same mistake again.

Referee's don't have to be perfect, they just have to be consistent!