View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 08, 2007, 01:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Saturday morning kids rec games (6th grade boys). Yippee skippy! Not a lot to report but the games were very interesting. First game - team down by two in final seconds, kid hits a three at the horn to win. Cool. Second game - team down by two in final seconds (just a coincidence, I swear) and coach yelling at his team to foul. B1 puts his shoulder down, takes a running start and barrels into A1, knocking him flying. I call flagrant (not only an ejection, but in this league, automatic one game suspension). A1 misses both shots. Team A inbounds, B2 steals inbound pass but cannot get a shot off before the horn.

I did tell Juulie I was going to give one of the coaches a warning for DOI (Delay Of Intelligence).

Oh yeah - one coach did yell "over the back" but I told him there's no such call. He looked even more confused than usual.

At one point, a team had six on the floor following a substitution. Juulie told the coach he had six. The coach didn't know what that meant. I told him there's a new rule this year - you only get five players. He still didn't get it.
And by the way, there was no need to stare at anyone's pants, nor did we puke on anyone's shoes. Made for a nice morning.