View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 12:47pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Smile My latest games with Juulie

Saturday morning kids rec games (6th grade boys). Yippee skippy! Not a lot to report but the games were very interesting. First game - team down by two in final seconds, kid hits a three at the horn to win. Cool. Second game - team down by two in final seconds (just a coincidence, I swear) and coach yelling at his team to foul. B1 puts his shoulder down, takes a running start and barrels into A1, knocking him flying. I call flagrant (not only an ejection, but in this league, automatic one game suspension). A1 misses both shots. Team A inbounds, B2 steals inbound pass but cannot get a shot off before the horn.

I did tell Juulie I was going to give one of the coaches a warning for DOI (Delay Of Intelligence).

Oh yeah - one coach did yell "over the back" but I told him there's no such call. He looked even more confused than usual.

At one point, a team had six on the floor following a substitution. Juulie told the coach he had six. The coach didn't know what that meant. I told him there's a new rule this year - you only get five players. He still didn't get it.