Thread: Coach Ejected!
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 07, 2007, 12:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
Okay, I said I'd get back on this. I looked in the NFHS rule book and couldn't find it. However, it is in the CHSAA directives. "A game shall be forfeited if there is not a certified person available to serve as coach."
Not in the rulebook, hmm.... I bet you think I didn't know that.

Actually what I suggested I would do is in the rulebook. Rule 2-3: Officials shall make decisions on any points not specially covered in the rulebook. DA! DA!

Logically speaking, if there is a designated captain for the team, which I always mark in the book when I'm the R for the game. It is not totally out of reach (at least in my opinion it's not) to go to this person (in the absence of a HC and AC) and request certain administrative things from him, like replacing a person who has foul out. I have seen captains do this in some of my pre-season games, send in subs, request players on the floor to run certain plays, etc. I would also not access this person a direct or indirect technical for something that would have gone to the head coach. It will just be a bench technical from here on out. Just put this in the report after the game, which you know you're going to have to do.