View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 05, 2007, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1ref2b
No, the defense is penalized for committing a kicked ball violation as would be in the NCAA. Team A now gets a throw in for the kicking violation. I just am seeking comsistency between the 2 sets of rules. Team A can not lose the arrow unless they violate. Why should they lose the arrow if team B violates (kicks the ball).
It depends on your definition of completing a throw-in. I agree with you d1ref2b (I like that moniker, btw). but others feel that when B touches the ball whether legally or illegally, the throw-in is completed and the arrow given up. whether it is a kick or a hand touch is irrelevant in these people's eyes. That's not my opinion, btw, I'm just expressing what I"ve heard before.

And in their argurement you should also note that if B touches it with their hand, and swats it oob, they've violated by causing the ball to go out of bounds. So in that case, A loses the arrow on a B violation by your and my thinking. But that other thought process figures that the throw-in was complete when the ball was touched either legally or illegally, so A gives up the arrow.

Last edited by rainmaker; Fri Jan 05, 2007 at 04:16pm.