View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 05, 2007, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

I agree. I spend a lot of time on Fridays thinking about the night ahead. I get the same thing on Tuesdays, but just not as bad for some reason. Things I do to get ready are pack me gear bag (rechecking to make sure I have everything about 487 times, I'm totally paraniod of showing on site without something), have a small snack and a revive Vitamin Water (I'm hooked on this stuff) and then jump in the car. If my crew is riding together we start talking pregame on the way. If I'm solo, I'm usually on the phone with other friends that are officials (I seem to think my car won't run correctly if I'm not on the phone while driving during the season). If I'm not talking, I listen to some music and think about an area to focus on for the game (something my crew does as part of pregame). Lastly (and I'm just putting this in here because I might have set a record for most parenthesis in a post) and most importantly on Friday, I find out what local watering hole will be frequented by officials after the game.