View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 05, 2007, 05:24am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
LukeAlex you have no chance of winning this battle. RUN AWAY! I tried to fight this one a little while back, but could not pierce the hard headed armour. Most everybody on here, myself NOT included, will tell you that since it is considered a legitimate attempt at a block that it can't be BI nor a T, no matter how hard the kid shook the backboard. I say even though you thought it was legit attempt at a block and you also thought the basket had a possibility of going in had the backboard and rim not gotten shaken to high hell, that you give the kid the T, and just tell everyone you thought he slapped it intentionally. No one would ever know what you thought. The only thing they could say is they thought he was making a legit block attempt, and in that case who cares what they think. You JUDGED the play like refs are supposed to do and in your judgement he "intentionally" slapped the backboard and are thereby supported by rule. That's just me though.
Are you actually recommending that an official be dishonest?

If an official has poor judgment, mechanics, people skills, or anything else, I could live with that if he was honest and had integrity. Those are two things that an official cannot lack.