Thread: Boise State
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTX
When you have illegal formations or illegal shifts then those must be called because those are a disadvantage to the defense. The defense is reading the formation to determine who they need to cover. The motion call was not a quick jump or an obvious head start. The defense wasn't at a real disadvantage because they read the play and covered him as they were supposed to. If the pass would have came that direction then I'd throw my flag for his "slight" head start. If I recall correctly he was going almost diagonally.
I don't see how you can possibly make this comparison.

On the 2 point conversion by OU, the TE was called for an illegal shift because he did not reset fora full 1 second. You say that the defense is reading the formation to know who they need to cover. Are you telling me they didn't know he was an eligible receiver?

But then you turn around and say that OU was not placed at a disadvantage by the BSU QB moving toward the LOS at the snap. I saw it when the play was ran and was surprised there was no flag. How is it BSU was placed at a disadvantage but OU wasn't?

May I say that the same official had both calls?

Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Thu Jan 04, 2007 at 05:41pm.