View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 03:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCityRef
If this was a high school game or lower and the coaches were ejected, how could the game continue with only players? If we toss the coaches the game is over because an adult associated with the school must take supervision of the players. And no, you do not put a parent on the bench; AD or Principal only.
If the team has no responsible adults and the game continues, anything that happens is now on the referees.
Here in Oregon, I believe only someone who is certified by the state to be a coach can take over coaching duties if the head coach is tossed and there are no assistants (or they got tossed, too). I had a game where my partner gave two quick T's to a coach and sent him packing with 12 seconds left in the game and his team leading by 8. The other team's coach (wisely) asked me if the parent who had come down from the stands to coach the team was certified by the state to coach. I asked him hoping he would just say "yes" (I couldn't possibly verify it so I'd have to take him at his word), but he said "no". The game was then forfeited and the team about to lose won the game 2-0. Fun fun.

Last edited by Smitty; Thu Jan 04, 2007 at 03:51pm.