View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 04, 2007, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalons
In Iowa, we have been told that the association/union will use regular season crews as much as possible in the district and regional tournaments, while the officials with the most recommendations (from the coaches) will work the state tournament.

This is the first season that Iowa is using 3 officials in the tournament. FYI, you have to attend one 4-hour "3-person clinic" to be eligible for assignments. Four hours and you are a pro......... this should be an interesting season.
I think the tournament this year is going to have some very interesting officiating. I'm lucky enough to work in an area where we work a lot of 3 man, but there are some really good tournament officials in other areas that don't work hardly any 3 man at all. I don't think we have nearly enough education going on for the switch. I'm not sure how your clinic was, but I went last season and thought if I didn't have a decent idea of how 3 man worked I would have walked out of there more confused than anything. 4 hours of clinic with limited game time does little more than raise questions.