View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 03, 2007, 05:43pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMN
What exactly does that suppose to mean? I could infer that this is a completely sexist and derrogatory comment made towards men. But if I did that I would bring myself down to your level, where

A) You seem to make everything into a gender issue
B) You like to speak for other people quite a bit without understanding their implications

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.
Okay for starters that comment was directed at the people I was conversing with at that time, namely Dan, and, well, Dan... Dan knew exactly what I meant. He's badgered me for a long time about listening to my inner male and not being so female all the time. It's a joke, trigger. and it had nothing at all to do with you. So nyah, nyah, nyah.

Secondly, there's nothing sexist or derogatory about calling men "male." I'm sorry if that word (male) offends you, but it wasn't meant as an insult. My insult to you was more pointed, and was actually directed to you personally at the very beginning of this thread where I responded to your original post. THe least you can do is grant me the courtesy to be offended when I'm trying to insult you.

Thirdly, I don't make everything into a gender issue. I do see gender issues. That's only reasonable. It's pretty hard for me not to, since my gender is in the minortiy in this field in every respect, and it's pretty obvious that gender is often an issue in many situations. But there are other issues, and I do see those. The particular issue that YOU started this thread with, is a gender issue, isn't it? When I then address it as a gender issue, why does that make me a screeching female that can't see anything but gender? Do you see that as other than a gender issue? Can you explain that?

Fourthly, I don't speak quite a bit for people whose implications I don't understand. I do that occasionally, but most of us on this board do. It's part of the limitation of communication over the internet. Some implications are hard to express. I also admitted that I don't see it the way everyone else seems to. I'm perfectly willing to say that you didn't mean that women can't possibly improve without men. Funny thing, you haven't said that. So how can I apologize?

Finally, if you're saying that I'm the pot calling the kettle black, well, then you're the kettle and you're black, too? Or am I misunderstanding you?

BTW, if what you're really doing is trying to step up into the vacated shoes of The Great Irascible, I'd say you've got a few things to learn. He generally only insults people with whom he has developed a relationship of either friendship, or ongoing enmity. You, however, have slapped me quite firmly without provocation or excuse. That's not irascible, it's rude.

Good day.