View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 03, 2007, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
No, I'm tired. You guys are just so..... male sometimes. I'll see you in the funny papers

What exactly does that suppose to mean? I could infer that this is a completely sexist and derrogatory comment made towards men. But if I did that I would bring myself down to your level, where

A) You seem to make everything into a gender issue
B) You like to speak for other people quite a bit without understanding their implications

Pot, meet kettle. Kettle, pot.

If you want my honest opinion on this article, I think it's a flat out joke that people think this is a Title IX issue at all. Like all of these coaches are saying, the male practice squad members are only there to make the female players better. These coaches feel the men DO make the women better basketball players. What this ban is doing, in these coaches perspectives, as well as my own, is preventing said women players from improving to a higher level. Thus the players will be weaker players. This is completely not a gender equity issue, and that's why I find this proposed ban so humerous, yet I shake my head at the stupidity of this being an issue in the first place.

...Or maybe that's what you said I said.