View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 02, 2007, 02:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
None of the above.

The ball goes to the closest spot to where it was first touched when the clock was supposed to start. That would be where A1 was the first player to touch the ball on a throw-in or missed FT, I imagine.

Again, you can't administer a new throw-in spot at the POI for any of the "a to d" scenarios unless you also take off the corresponding exact amount of time that was used to reach that spot. And you need "definite knowledge" to do so.
Well 4-36-2a says the throw-in is at the nearest spot to where the ball was located when the stoppage occurred. 4-4-3 tells us that ball location is determined by where the ball last touched a player or the court. Seems that the correct throw-in spot is at that location.

As for what you wrote in red, I totally disagree. Why do you believe that is true? There is nothing in the book saying that is the case.

For example, what if I give you a part e: after A2 catches the pass and scores a goal?
Now are you going to tell me that I can't continue the game with a POI throw-in to Team B along their end line with six seconds still on the clock?

I don't have definite knowledge to change the clock, so what else can I do? I know that you aren't advocating that I cancel the basket and go back to the location where A1 touched the ball and the clock failed to the start. However, that is what your statement in red says. Sorry, but I think that you are incorrect.