View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 01, 2007, 07:13pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
If you think you're going far with that altitude, you got a lot to learn. Why would you issue mutliple warning? Many reasons. The bigger the game, it's always better to get thru it if you can without accessing a technical. If you're new to a conference or a tournament you've been trying to get your foot in the door, the first few games you may want to lay low and let the veterans take care of anything like this. Are you going to T up Bobby Knight in your first big DI game? If you do, it might be your last, but, nobody going to get upset with you if you give him the stop sign multiple times or say multiple times that's a warning coach. I need you to stay in the box, please try to stay in the box for me. If you think this is BS, that's okay with me, it's your call!

Top of the year to you.
Here's how this reads, CJ. "The bigger the stakes, the less authoritative you want to be." You must have graduated from the UN School of Officiating. "Coach, please stop. This time I mean it." The fact is, some coaches, when emotional, can sometimes act like petulant teenagers. They don't respect soft, and if you don't show you're in control, you're screwed.

While I would not ref with you, I'd pay to watch the coaches run you over.