Thread: more patient?
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 31, 2006, 10:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Mountaineer Send a message via Yahoo to Mountaineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Will you relax please. Lighten up Francis.

BTW, if you feel it is the most important thing, then you must be a rookie official. Of course it is nice to get some flow, but that does not mean it is my main concern. My concern is to be as consistent from start to finish. If you have to call 50 fouls, then you have to call 50 fouls. Flow is one of the last things on my mind because it largely has nothing to do with the officials. I cannot tell the players to throw the ball out of bounds, commit obvious violations or knock people on their behind every time a team has the ball.

Maybe flow is important to you, but it really is not that important to me.

BTW, I was joking with you. This is why "" was apart of the post.

Peace
I'm light - just that I've thought that about other threads and kept my mouth closed. I didn't say THE most important thing. One of the more important things. I say that because younger officials don't allow a game to flow because they feel the need to call every violation, every foul, every every thing they see. So, I do think it's important to learn what flow is in a game. A buddy of mine had a 3rd year in a varsity game the other night and the kid had a great 1st half - but managed to call 14 fouls in the 3rd qtr! Not that I think my buddy was right - but he did give the kid a barage of Fbombs during intermission and then in the car after the game. (Again, I'm not agreeing with his actions - just giving the facts.) That kid needed a lesson on game flow.

I'm not upset dude - I love this stuff. Not a rookie btw. FYI, it's Larry not Francis.

The best part about beating your head against the wall is it feels so good when you stop.