Thread: more patient?
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 31, 2006, 06:50pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
Bait Alert! Bait Alert! JR's fishing.
No, actually I'm not this time, Nevada. Everybody seems to be using this new catchphrase- "game interrupter"- but I still haven't seen a logical explanation of whatintheheck a "game interrupter" actually is that makes any kind of sense to me.

Every time you blow your whistle, you're interrupting the game. So....why are some whistles supposedly good and other whistles bad? And where can I read the list which tells me which ones are supposed to be "good" and which ones are supposed to be "bad"? Aren't violations violations? And if they aren't, why would anybody call anything? I know that you might use a l'il judgment on certain violations as to whether you're going to call them or not--i.e. 3 seconds, 10 seconds for the FT shooter, an elbow or punched ball with nobody near, etc. Are those the game interrupters that are being talked about, and does that mean that you should never call them? And....aren't fouls fouls too? And, again, if they aren't, then why would anybody call anything? I always thought that that you just decided whether you had a foul or incidental contact, and tried to be consistent in your judgment. Apparently that's completely wrong. Do you now have to decide what fouls should be called too? And when they should be called?

Again, could someone please enlighten me?