View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 31, 2006, 05:33pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
1. If the inbounder is not being pressured as in your situation, then the Trail can stand way up by the 28' mark in the backcourt or perhaps even near the division line and bounce the ball to the thrower. This will give him a better view of the nine players in the frontcourt. Chances are that the thrower putting a toe on the line isn't going to be called anyway. So there really isn't any action in the backcourt to observe. Just make sure the the thrower doesn't commit an OBVIOUS violation.

2. The Trail should retain the chop responsibility, since that is what the timer is going to expect. You could instruct that person differently during the prior stoppage though. This is where the 3-person system really has an edge over 2-person. You have a Center official to help with these full court plays.

3. I would hope that the officials would communicate if the ball was NOT touched and the game shouldn't be over. I would definitely want the Lead to come and bring this information to me, if I were the Trail. We have definite knowledge of what the clock should show in this case and it is an easy fix.
I really wouldn't recommend #1. I wouldn't want to try calling that violation from the 28' line. And it is something we'd need to be aware of, especially in this situation.

Yeah, hire 3