Thread: more patient?
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 31, 2006, 12:30pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs_schuster
I understand what you all are saying and thanks for the advice. First the fans do not bother me or influence my calls in any way. I was just stating how the fans were reacting to our calls or not calls. Second, Rusty gilbert maybe right in that I'm looking at the ball to much and not my primary. But as T , or even C, everybody is crowded at the basket in girls game where am I supposed to look? I know its an experience thing and I was just looking for a few answers to help it along
You are saying that they aren't calling fouls -- could you put those calls in terms of advantage/disadvantage and tell me that they were passing on calls that definitely put the other team at a disadvantage?

One thing I notice in girls games is that everyone in the crowd and even many of the coaches think every little bump and every little bit of contact is a foul. It's not and I don't care how much they b!tch -- I'm calling the game the right way as ANYONE can call every little bit of contact.

Oh, we had a girls game the other night where we didn't hit the bonus in EITHER half. Why is that a big deal?

Also, a patient whistle is always good when it comes to fouls. You need a little extra time in many cases to judge advantage/disadvantage.