Thread: Shirt tucked in
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 30, 2006, 02:39pm
(Something hilarious)

More of my opinion:

Jurassic - Thank you for the Case Play. I see where I'm wrong regarding the earring example (and therefore, logically, anything safety related). But I'm sticking to my guns on the uniform stuff.

To go along with JimGolf's point - I've included the only times the uniform rules refer to either "team members" or "players." They are as follows:

3-3-14 The American flag may be worn on the team shirt provided it does not exceed 2 x 3 inches and does not interfere with the visibility of the player's number.

3-3-15 A team jersey designed to be worn inside the pants/skirt shall be tucked inside the pants/skirt and the pants/skirt shall be above the hips and worn properly. A player not conforming to this uniform policy shall be directed to leave the game. A team member shall not remove the jersey and/or pants/skirt in the visual confines of the playing area. See 10-3-7h and 10-4-1h for penalty.

Going along with 4-34 (def. of "player"), the first two places above where "player" is used should, then, only be enforced when they are actually players, and not simply team members, logically.

And I can use this logic because I don't live in the state Jurassic mentioned.