Thread: Shirt tucked in
View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 30, 2006, 07:55am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells
You can't make them take the earring out or the undershirt off. You can only inform them they can't play with it. Let me repeat, they can't play with it. They can warm up with these things, just can't play. They can warm up in a tuxedo (complete with cufflinks and tie tack) for all I care, but when the game starts, they have to be dressed properly.
Whoa, Snaqs. As Mountaineer said, there is a very specific rule stating that jewelry cannot be worn during warm-ups. That includes cufflinks too. They have to go sit on the bench until they remove the jewelry. Casebook play 3.5SitB. There is no similar definitive rule or case play covering tucked-shirts during warm-ups that I know of though. They are covered under completely different sections in the rule book too.

Fwiw, a very credible source in the similar thread on the NFHS site has also stated that his state has issued a directive that shirts should be kept tucked in during warm-ups. Just thought that I'd throw that into the discussion too.