View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2006, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Making the Call with Ronnie Nunn

Just wondering how many have seen the Referee show on NBA-TV? They've expanded the You Make the Call segment to a full-fledged TV show called Making the Call with Ronnie Nunn.

In last night's show they reviewed the two controversial non-calls from the night before, in the Nets game and in the Bulls game. Nunn explained why the officials blew the call in the Nets game but made the right non-call in the Bulls game, showing how an official got straight-lined on the call because he didn't move into the right position, while showing how in the Bulls game the official had a good view of the last second play.

Best segment was one ripping the announcers at a 76ers game for complaining about a foul against Ricky Davis, saying he wasn't in the act of shooting, when he had already gathered for the shot.

Very entertaining, but I wonder if it can survive as 30-minute show long term. How many people really care about the rules?

If you don't get NBA-TV, you might be able to view the show at http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/