View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2006, 12:04pm

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHBBREF
If the coach has been warned to knock it off then Whack him - I do not care who does it. Something I have noticed this year amoungst a large number of my partners is that they are hesitant to whack a coach once they have been warned by another official. Like it isn't their warning so they do not want to get them.

Grow a set, If they have been warned they have crossed the line - As junker said you are a crew - So one warning is from all of you it is time to get it done!
I do not go into any games looking to whack a coach. I think that's a little weak for an official to come tell me he warned the coach, so if he does anything again, you want me to whack him. Hell, if he's causing a problem, take care of it right then and there. Don't bring me your problems with the coach, and I will not bring another official my problems with the coach. I disagree with this strategy for dealing with coaches.

Coaches try to work different officials. That's called coaching. Good coach bad coach. He's good to you bad to me. What you consider unacceptable, I might not think that's worth me enforcing a technical for. If the coach is out of line, deal with it is my strategy. Don't pass the buck. Just like you say, grow a set and deal with it.

With that being said. I think warning a coach is good game management. If you can get out of a situation without giving a T, that's a good thing. My problem is, if you give him a warning, and he does something else in front of me, now you are mad at me because I didn't step up and do the job you should have done the first time. That's my problem.

A wise basketball official once said, there is a limit to how many technicals a coach can get, but there is no limit to how many warnings....
Read and Prosper