Thread: Overtime Chaos
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 28, 2006, 08:59am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontheref
Mark's got it right. If I am the R I will say something to the captain..."captain...do you have 5?" One of my U's in a three man has got to get me thumbs up or I'm not putting it up. If I am one of the U's --I will simply tell the coach --"count your players". He knows what I am talking about. At any rate, there isn't a way in the world that I am starting an OT with a T unless it is absolutely necessary.
Like I said earlier, the counting thing is small, but it does NOT make it easier - for me at least - to point and count.

What is up with all the subtle hints and beating around the bush? What is wrong with just telling the coach he/she has too many players on the court and one needs to go to the bench? I will use the indirect method if someone can give me a good reason to. Otherwise, there are way too many other things to worry about than being funny or subtle when it comes to too many players on the court. Also, if there are six players on the court it is everyone's (on the crew) fault.