View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 23, 2006, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

"Donate a Dual": Challenge to Officials

I'm sure most of you have not heard or read about the tragedy that struck new Payette, Idaho Head Wrestling Coach Curtis Lambson and his family this season. Idaho is a small corner of the country...and Payette is a small corner of Idaho...so I am guessing this has not been on most of your radar screens this holiday season. So...please take a minute to read and respond to this brief story I clipped from the Idaho Wrestling News website at www.idahowrestlingnews.com:

Early last Saturday morning we were getting ready for a junior varsity wrestling tournament at Capital High School. During the same time, Curtis Lambson, the new head wrestling coach at Payette High School, was watching his house and everything he owned in it burn. He has several kids as well, and thankfully, nobody was hurt. I am writing to ask you to help his family in this time of need. I think it would be a great way of showing him what type of people the Wrestling Community is about. We are asking for checks or cash donations to be sent to:

Curtis Lambson Fire Fund
c/o Payette High School
1500 6th Avenue South
Payette, ID 83661

I am challenging all High School wrestling officials to "donate a dual" to help our fellow wrestling professional and his family this Christmas season. In Eastern Idaho, that means $50 for a varsity official or $34 for a JV official. Whatever that means in terms of $$ for your corner of the country, please consider donating one night's work to this more than worthy cause. I'm sending my check this morning!

All of us sacrifice for love of our sport...let's sacrifice a little this time for one of our own!

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

RJ Scott

District 5 Varsity Official

Pocatello, Idaho

Last edited by grappleref; Tue Dec 26, 2006 at 02:32pm.