View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 20, 2006, 04:55am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to firedoc
Triple T

A few years ago I was doing a JV game. The home team coach whined about every call and every no-call. In the third quarter I got tired of it and gave the coach the stop-sign and sais that I had heard enough. A few minutes later he again started to complain and took a few steps onto the court. Whack! As I stepped towards the table to report the T he said (loud enough that I couldn't ignore it) "you suck." Whack!. He then followed me to the table saying "go ahead, call another one on me." By that time my partner was there to help me out and he issued the third T. It turned out that there was no assistant coach and the game was over.

The next morning I faxed in a report of the incident (required in my county for any ejection). 24 hours later I had a phone call from the AD apologizing to me and saying that he knew that this coach was not yet ready to be a varsity coach.

BTW, in my county (Long Island, NY) anyone ejected is suspended for 1 game. A second ejection in the same season and they are gone for the rest of the season.