Thread: Mr. Umpire
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 19, 2006, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Hickman
I may have a solution. San Diego is only an 1.5 hour drive from me. Maybe Steve and I could do a few games and I could do a review. It would be fun to work with another member. Chris
Perhaps you'll get a better response than I did. I'm in the San Diego area periodically and made the same offer.

Steve forgets why the offer was made. After coming on the forum and proclaiming himself good enough to have been a MLU, he was greeted with doubt and derision, and not just by me. The chorus was symphonic in size.

He was insulted about being judged by people who hadn't seen him work. I thought about that and figured he may have a point, so I offered to make arrangements to see him work. Then he seemed insulted that people wanted to see him work. He said something about how some ML umpires told him how could he was.

I figured then that he wouldn't want just little ol'me watching him work, so I suggested that he join me at the Desert Classic where he could be evaluated, and helped, by the staff who teaches at Jim Evans Academy. That didn't fly either.

You are obvioulsy a much nicer guy, Chris. Perhaps you'll have better luck.