View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 18, 2006, 12:46am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaellis
Hello Al, I didn't read through all the replies so the following info may have already come you way.

I needed glasses to correct to 20/20 and also had a fogging problem from time to time. At the time I was a police officer working street patrol and occasionally when going indoors from outside my glasses would fog. I purchased an anti fogging paste from a vender at a local fair and it worked great. Every night before I started my shift I would clean my glasses with the paste ... no fogging the entire shift.

I also tried contacts but it didn't work out.

About 2 years ago I had LASIK performed on both eyes. I was nearsighted and also had significant astigmatism in my left eye. The results are wonderful. I do not need reading glasses. The only problem is a bit of double vision in the left eye at night while looking at a bright light (like a traffic signal) and that problem is still improving.

If LASIK is an option for you it will probably be well worth your while.

Thanks Jmaellis,

There were several that said they are well pleased with the results they got with Lasik surgery. There were a couple of the guys that mentioned different helps for fogging. One method was to put a little dish washing detergent on the lenses then wiping it off with a paper towel, and another was using a product called cat crap...I kid you not that is the brand-name of the product. There's a link provided about the product.

I talked to my doctor again and still can't decide what to do. I guess I am still on the fence for a while. But I've not heard one horror story from anyone that's gone through with the Lasik surgery, only minor problems such as you have. Take care, ..Al