View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 15, 2006, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
No and no.

All games are independant and nothing ever carries forward from one game to the next.
I did have a similar sitch with a varsity coach at a jv game. My partner had a call which got the bench in an uproar. He called a violation for crossing the restraining line. Only problem was there was no restraining line. We have several gyms in the city league that use them but this one does not need one. There was a tape line about 5 feet parallel to the side line, dashed for some kind of gym class thing and my partner called that line. Funny in pregame, captains and coaches meetings we never discussed this because it wasn't a restraining line. Partner makes the call, bench erupts and this guy comes out of the stands to complain on the edge of the floor. I come over to help calm everyone and tell this guy to get back in the stands. He says "I'm the varsity coach" so I "T" him up as he is a part of the staff. I then told him to sit down so he can do his game tonight. He says it doesn't carry over and I replied that it will if you are thrown out of the gym for the night. He relented and sat down. I never could get a good explaination from my partner why he called what he did and I've always tried to avoid working with this guy since.