View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 15, 2006, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYRef
I'm curious about everyones feelings about calling violations/fouls in your partner's primary.... From reading these threads it appears that there are several people who feel it is wrong and get downright pi55ed when it happens.
I've had some recent experience with this on the court, and commented here earlier this week. Maybe I'm one of those you think are really upset when it happens to me. Well, I was upset not really that the calls were in my primary, but that the calls were wrong, I clearly saw the play, and it happened many times.

Calling out of your primary, and having your primary called by others, is going to happen. After all, we have primary and secondary coverage areas. There are no prohibited areas. It only bothers me when it is clear that my partner is never off-ball, or that he whistles a call I got a great look at, and I passed on it.

I'm not going to take a call out of primary unless I know that when we get back to the locker room my partner says, "Thanks for getting that one for me". If it's not a good angle for me, or I question it, no way do I whistle out of primary.