View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 14, 2006, 04:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs_schuster
I had a boys JV game last night. Midway through the 3rd Q, I call a foul on A1. I hear a coach yelling and screaming after I report it. I look its NOT the head coach. I wait a few seconds to see if hes going to calm down he doesnt so I whacked him. Turns out hes the Varsity coach, He stands, yelling at me. Says he wants an explaination. I calmly told him if he didnt sit he would be gone for 2 games and that I only speak to the head coach. He sits down and a little bit later disappears to warm up his team. My question is, does he lose his coaching box privileges for the Varsity game since I T'ed him in the JV game. Or does it just count toward his 2t's for the Varsity game?
That might be a question for your state/district, but around here it's only by level. In other words, if a coach gets ejected for a JV game he wouldn't be able coach the next JV game. It wouldn't affect the next varsity game.

However, if that happened and you wrote up a report, it would be interesting to see what his A.D. or state office did.

The nice thing is that you don't have to worry about it. You are talking about an issue that official's deal with. Even if you knew he had been ejected from the previous game and he was coaching, you would just ref the game with him on the bench and leave the AD/State issues to the powers that be (although you'd probably want to report it to your assignor).