View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 02:27pm
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Well I have heard an evaluator at a camp say "we" talked too much in camps. I have changed the way I communicate in the past few years and it works out a lot better. I do not feel like I have to defend or respond to many calls. I will mainly talk only when talked to or when I am standing right in front of them. Now I will make myself available at times, but I try my best to stay away from most conversation. I have learned that saying a couple words is much better than a couple of sentences in most situations. It also helps that I am seeing the same coaches over and over and they know what I can or cannot do. I do not have to explain a lot as much anymore.

Peace
I agree with you 100%, but I wasn't talking about communication with a coach.

I guess I wouldn't have a problem working with several members here. Unfortunately, that isn't the case where I live and it is sorely needed. Everytime one of my partners called time out last night, we were just standing there waiting to find out what we had. I'm new and my other partner is born and bread here. He was looking at me smiling and he could tell I wanted to know what the heck is going on. He just said, "That is what you get with some people." I was glad it wasn't just me that was frustrated with it.

Last edited by tomegun; Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 02:34pm.