View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

Personally, I think that officials not calling technical fouls when warranted is a much greater problem than actually calling technical fouls these days. And from the looks of both the NFHS and NCAA POE's lately, I don't seem to be alone.

This is true. I was personally involved in a situation where technicals had to be called and I called them.

Background: Team A takes a shot the shot rebounds off the rim A 44 catches the missed shot and dunks it. Everything is good until he does a chin up with the rim (Whack!). I go to report the technical and as I am reporting the technical on A 44. Team A coach comes up to me and states my partner just apologize to him for me making that call. I whack him for that state (Mental note ask partner after game). Partner cannot apologize for this one. Team A was up by four. Team B shot the two T's free thows game tied at 78. A couple more trips up and down game is over Team A 82-Team B 80. As we are leaving the court, the coach of A chases us down yelling and screaming unfavorable words about the technical I called during the game. And that by the game being over (no time on the clock) I cannot do anything about his conduct) Keep in mind he just won the game. So, I whack him again. Now, this will give Team B the chance to force overtime. Team B miss the first technical shot game over.

So when the situation warrants STICK' EM and sort them out later.