View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 31, 2002, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to bigwhistle
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.
At least twice a game one of the players in the low blocks will ask me how many free throws after the shooter has the ball, because they were talking to teammates or their coach when I was giving that information, I refuse to answer their question and tell them to ask their coach or teammate.

Mark,

Is it just possible that you are not doing as good a job of communicating with the players as you think you are? Have they tuned you out because of your demeanor or attitude on the floor? Only you can honestly answer those questions, as we have not seen how you work on the floor?

A player asking again how many free throws deserves an answer if he was polite in his request. It does not take that much effort to raise the proper number of fingers for him. If you don't, all you have done is moved a step closer to alienating him from you, and you never know which player may be the one to stop a problem later in the game. What if you just lost the most important "lifeline" with the other players on the team.

Just points for you to consider the next time you look in the mirror to shave.