Thread: Backboard slap
View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 10, 2006, 07:53pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor64
So we are getting technical then. All I would have to do is say that I thought the kid was not making a legitimate attempt to play the ball, whether he was or he wasn't, and then I could T him up. Ok I will do that then, since that is all I would have to tell my boss or anyone else and then they could not argue it. I guess I should have said it this way at the first instead of trying to argue the point.
If you call knowing a rule and how it should be called "getting technical", you probably have more than a a few problems as an official imo.

You're missing the point. You have absolutely NO rules justification to call a technical foul on a player who rattles the backboard while trying to make a legitimate block. It's legal for that player to hit it as hard as he can if he's going for the ball. All you are doing is making up your own rule again because you don't like the rule that we have(that is, if you actually knew the correct rule in the first place....which I kinda doubt).

If you have an evaluator at one of your college games, you will never get away with trying to bullsh!t him on that one. Never! You'll never get away with that in higher level varsity games either, where the kids play above the rim.