Thread: a rough night
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 08, 2006, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
This makes both of you look stupid. Make a decision and move on. If you are not the R for the game, stand down and let the R make the decision. If it's the wrong thing to do, it is on the R and it will come back to him.
Quote:
challenging a more senior partner could be detrimental to your career. Don't ever think it's okay to show up your partner like you have been advised to do here.
Quote:
The next thing you need to do in my opinion is call the person that assigned you the game.
My post just before this one states that I did check in with not one, but THREE senior officials. One is a mentor. One is the JV rep on our exec board, and the other is the Asst. Signing Secretary who is my point of contact regarding assignments.

Their unanimous advice is the opposite of yours. As the calling official, it is my responsibility to administer the penalty. This wasn't a judgment call or an error in foul count for the bonus, etc. as you had suggested earlier, this was KICKING A RULE. They all said I should have lined up the shooter and shot the one and one.

I was advised that if an evaluator had been present, or a coach complained about this incident, the R would have been suspended, and chances are I would have been as well.

The best advice they gave me was to be confident enough to be sure of what I KNOW, and to admit when I don't know. That way, I know when to be firm and when to let experience prevail.