Thread: a rough night
View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 05:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
You have never given any indication that you even care about the books, or the rules. What you do in a certain situation is completely irrelevant to the OP. You just set up a straw man (do you know what that means?) and then knock it over, but you don't address the original situation.
I respectively disagree. I take offense to anyone who tries to shove it down my throat, or discredit me like JR does. Setting up the straw analogy is pretty good, thank you. I try to speak thru example, lead thru example because I've been there. There is some benefit to be learned thru the trials, errors and experiences of others. You are right about one thing. I do not care what others who wish only to discredit me, think.

I also think it's over the top to silence another who views and opinions are different from yours. This is suppose to be America. One last thing. I do not thing the book goes far enough on the issue of when referee's disagree. What if both referees feel they are right? True, calling official has presidence over the call, but homer ref who's also the R doesn't let it go? In a situation like this, you are now outside the boundaries of the rulebook. Maybe it doesn't happen in the world you ref in, but I have seen it happen.

A wise man once said, people who live in glass house should not throw stones.