View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dexter
WHOA!!!!!

First off, I'd like to see some rule support for a technical foul for "giv[ing] incorrect information.

Second, before you call a T, you better have PROOF that the home scorekeeper did this on purpose.

Third, this is a 7th grade game. I've made mistakes on the book in D-I college games. No one has ever recieved a T because of it.

Finally, consider what you're doing. You're actually assessing a technical foul ON AN OFFICIAL. What happens when your partner incorrectly calls a travel against the home team? Do you T him up and count it towards the home team's foul count? Yikes. I've seen bad table crews, I've seen biased table crews, but I have rarely seen a timer/scorer who deliberately throws the game toward their team.
Umm, where's the tongue-in-cheek smiley icon?

IMO, there are too many people saying the coach is responsible for tracking his timeouts. By rule, this is the table's job. The coach's count has no standing.

Obviously, there is no rule supporting a technical foul for an incompetant table. There is an assumption in the rulebook that the table is competant. In this case the assumption is erroneous.

If the table is competant, then they are cheating. If they are incompetant, then why would you believe that their new count is more accurate than when they said the coach had one more timeout left? You no longer have any reliable knowlege whether the coach has any timeouts or not.