View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 10:00am
In Memoriam

[QUOTE=JTRICE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRICE
http://www.district3hoops.com/index....s/thisweek.htm

I have read all this discussion on this situation. Just another note that the District 3 director said that this is not his interpretation but a NFHS interpretation. So.... expect to see it soon on the NFHS web site.

Secondly, if you look at the District 3 web site again you will notice that it DOES say what to do if the three officials are not sure how much time to put back on the clock but that they are sure it was foul-buzzer-shot. What you are supposed to do (according to NFHS) is to count the basket and shoot the foul shot with noone lined up on the lane.
"Foul shot"- singular. Iow, they are still saying to count the basket even though the ball wasn't in the air when the horn went. Again, that ruling goes directly against the language of rule 6-7-7&EXCEPTION(c).

I think that I'll wait until I see a case play posted on the NFHS website stating that. At that time, I will concede that I am wrong. Until that time, I still don't believe that there is any rules backing extant to count the basket, and I certainly haven't seen any rules backing posted here to date that would cause me to re-think my position.