View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 07, 2006, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
Whether the coach has been keeping his own count or not is irrelevant. The coach's count has no standing, as only the scorekeeper's count matters. The coach could think he has all his timeout's left and would still be assessed a technical because according to the official scorebook has has exhausted his timeouts.

After further review, I've come up with the definitive answer. The visiting coach should be charged with a technical foul for excessive timeouts, and the home team should be charged with a technical foul for unsportsmanlike conduct for giving incorrect information. We must assume that the table has deliberately given incorrect information, as the home team is supposed to provide competant official scorekeepers. This scorekeeper is not performing her/his duties properly, since they have not given the coach the required warning when the last timeout was used and they have also given incorrect information. The school should also be reported to the league officials.
WHOA!!!!!

First off, I'd like to see some rule support for a technical foul for "giv[ing] incorrect information.

Second, before you call a T, you better have PROOF that the home scorekeeper did this on purpose.

Third, this is a 7th grade game. I've made mistakes on the book in D-I college games. No one has ever recieved a T because of it.

Finally, consider what you're doing. You're actually assessing a technical foul ON AN OFFICIAL. What happens when your partner incorrectly calls a travel against the home team? Do you T him up and count it towards the home team's foul count? Yikes. I've seen bad table crews, I've seen biased table crews, but I have rarely seen a timer/scorer who deliberately throws the game toward their team.