View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 29, 2002, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Exclamation

Tournament time in IM basketball, so I've resolved to give "less technical" fouls . Boy, did I lose out tonight.

Blue has been yapping all game, one player in particular. In our league we have a 2-point-plus-ball rule on technical fouls. Blue is starting to get to my threshold, so I told them a few times (they were down slightly), "Don't make me give gold two points."

B1 sits himself down on the bench, and starts the comments again. I am trail right by his bench, and tell him about the 2 point thing again. His response (fuzzy, as my ego has suppressed the situation) - "Go ahead and give me a technical, you jackass!" I obliged.

While I'm reporting, B1 says something like 'If you're going to T me, give it for something I deserve,' but I know he used profanity directed at me in it - so I gave him his second.

He then proceeded to complain about how I was a horrible ref (without leaving) and once again refers to me as a jackass - 3rd T, our supervisor forfeited the game at that point (40 seconds left).

The irony here? Right before the game, I was talking with my partners about the Bobby Knight/Ted Valentine situation.