View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 03, 2006, 02:56am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
How about defending your contradiction without the spin or the sneaky little insults...huh?
I clearly answered your question, if you do not want to accept my answer or the reasoning that is OK with me. Not only did I answer your question, I showed you the rules and gave you examples that could apply and what I was told as well as others at a very high level camp. Also I did not throw out an insult towards you in any way, I just stating a fact. This might be something that is acceptable in a girl's game where much less contact for fouls is acceptable from what I have seen at the HS to college ranks. This is the reason many officials choose or are expected to choose. If you think that was directed towards you, then maybe you are a little sensitive about your resume.

I worked a tournament on Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving and 3 of the 4 games I worked had 7 footers on the floor. In 2 of the games there were 7 footers on both teams and multiple Division 1 talent on the floor. There were many blocks with contact by these players and if we would have called these fouls, we would have been run off the court. Of course there were a couple of times where there was a cry for a foul, but the coaches quickly backed off when they realized the same was being called when their 7 footer was given the same kind of call (or no call) with their defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
When was the last boys state semi-final or final you did? Care to guess mine?
Let me address this. What is the significance of working a Semi-final? In my state there is no such special assignment and the officials that work what is called "working downstate" or going to the State Tournament, working the Semi-Final is just another assignment at the State Tournament. All State Final officials that work in the state tournament are given the same consideration as it relates to Power Points or prestige. As a matter of fact is common for first time State Final official to work a Semi-Final in our state.

I will also say this. I have not worked that far in the tournament. Also we do not work a Regional one year and the next year work the State Finals. Your system if likely very different than the system I work under and probably many other people that are reading this. If we use your logic, Teddy Valentine (I could give other examples) is not the official you are because he never worked a HS varsity game like you or I have worked. I think he has been on national TV a lot more than you or I have.

Peace