View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 11:57pm
Official Forum Member

Something I picked up at camp this past summer, and I have been using it so far this season . . .

Before the start of the game, say at about 5-6 minutes before the tip, I call over one of the captains. I simply tell him/her, "hey, do me a favor, I need your help. Go check your players and make sure no one is wearing any jewelry, or metal. Make sure all the shirts are tucked in and shorts pulled up. And, make sure you check the head bands and wrist bands for me, they have to be white or the color of your jerseys. Let me know that everyone is in proper uniform. Thanks, I appreciate your help." (Or something to that effect.)

EVERY time those kids will walk around and check every person on their team, and come back and give me the "OK." I haven't had ONE problem with uniforms this season, not even a warning, or having to leave a kid at the table because they weren't "ready for play."

By doing this, I accomplish two things: 1) I now have an "ally" on the floor; and 2) I can worry about the game and not the fashion show. I am really amazed at how effective this little bit of information has been for me. Oh, and I am 78 games into the season, so it's not like I have used it once or twice. This little number is getting a workout.