View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 02:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker
You may notice that I was talking about JH girls. Which is very, very, very different from varsity girls.

You also may notice that I said, "Your mantras might be different from mine."

You also may notice that the held balls were absolutely not the point of the thread.

And as long as this is turning into a list, you also may notice that the thread was about switching levels, not about held balls.

Just want to point that out. Also, there is a little button both bottom and top of every page on this site for starting a new thread. Get the hint?

JH or JV even more of a reason not to be quick on the held ball...break them of that habit early, play basketball and stop mugging players trying to tie it up.

As for the rest...there are many new officials that read the forum looking for advice and when they see 7000 posts, they might just heed that advice, without thinking it through. I completely disagree with the philosophy you posted and wanted those new officials to get that opposing point of view.

If you are too thin skinned to be disagreed with, perhaps posting on a forum isn't such a good idea.

And the lower the talent level, the harder the officiating.