View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 27, 2006, 09:31pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1
I just saw it this morning on SportsCenter. They only showed it once and at full speed. No replay. Both the C and L gave the intentional signal, then the announcer said he'd been given a flagrant and was done for the night.

From the one angle I saw, it didn't look flagrant to me. He definitely fouled him hard from behind while the shooter was in a vulnerable position. But it didn't look like he "struck" him or took him to the floor. (Maybe he did, and I just missed it on the video.)

I don't want to sound like I'm second-guessing the officials. I'm sure they had a good reason to toss him. I just didn't see it in the clip that ESPN showed.
Well crappy, I didn't see the game either but this year's book has what they call a *major concern for men*. Maybe this applies?

Quote:
Major Concern for Men

Airborne Player/Excessive or Severe Contact. When a player is airborne attempting a lay-up, any excessive contact by an opponent shall be an intentional personal foul, even when the opponent is legitimately attempting to play either the ball or the player. When the contact is severe, a flagrant personal foul shall be assessed. The airborne player is in a position of vulnerability and any contact that is excessive or severe shall be penalized.